Wednesday, 11 April 2012

ENTRY16


ENRTY 16
I don’t know if anyone can answer this question.
Why is a country Trinidad and Tobago that is filled with so much natural resources and wealth have so many people whose basic needs can’t be meet?
When I pose this question I am not speaking of the people on the Bethem for most of them live better than I do. I am addressing the people in other areas of the Island. I had the privilege of going to visit a student whose father was murdered, that family lives in Cascade on my way to their home I was amazed at the clear division between the haves and the have nots. As I entered the area I was fascinated by the large beautiful homes and then I drive over a bridge a few miles up the same road, where I enter a new world of homes build with boards and I have to pass through a track to get to the student home.   Explain this scenario to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment