Monday, 13 February 2012

ENTRY 4


I read the Newsday article, dated Sunday February 12, 2012, on the death of thirty-four year old Randy De Couteau.  He was shot thirty-five times at his home in Moruga on Thursday night, for no apparent reason, according to his family.
When I started reading the article, I thought maybe this is another person killed because of drugs, or it may have been some gang related incident. The question in my mind was, “Even if it is, what is the police service doing about these killings?”  They are to protect and serve all especially law- abiding citizens.
As I finished reading the article my perception changed.  I began to think of the three children who are now fatherless.  I  began to wonder if anyone in government has really begun to look at the generation that is growing up without fathers.  It seems to me that over the years, fathers,  for one reason or another have not been there for their children; but to me, outside of slavery and wars, the numbers of absent fathers have never been so high.  Therefore,  I have to say that I am saddened by these events .

No comments:

Post a Comment