Monday, 23 January 2012

ENTRY 2

Hi,
My fellow bloggers, running up and down as usual, but had to put this in.
My childhood was like most with loving parents and siblings. Then at the age of twelve, my mother got an asthma attack and died in my father's arms and in our presence. At the funeral, I kissed her cheeks, it was the coldest thing I have ever felt in my life.

The responsibilities of the house now fell on me. I had to pay the bills and make the groceries because my father was confined to a wheel chair. Just as I am working through the lost of my mother and my new responsibilities; my mother passed away. Exactly one year to the day of my mother's death; my father died as a result of a diabetic coma. At age of thirteen, my whole world was shattered again.
Before I knew it my siblings and I were spilt up. My brother was sent to live deep south, my sister goes by one aunt and I by another. Three months later my sister and I were allowed to stay together, but we only saw my brother during the holidays.

Did these events change my life? Yes. I don't do well with change and I don't save things. If I buy a dress I wear it as soon as possible, because I don't want to die and never use it. Personally, I try to keep my friends and famly close. My son is always with me, not just because I am a single parent and don't have a choice, but because I don't want anything to happen to him when I am not around.
Did my parents' death cause me to think differently? Yes. I am living in the moment, because I feel that there is no future and I could die soon. I am always trying to help someone because, I don't want them to experience the loss and loneliness I felt. But, as I have allowed Jesus into my life I now have a future and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment