Sunday, 15 January 2012

ENTRY 1

Hi, fellow bloggers, my name is Francisca Spinks.  I am pursuing a degree in  BS-Elementary Education majoring in Reading. Presently, I am a teacher in an elementary school in Port - of - Spain. I am a single parent and I recently relocated to Trinidad after seventeen years, it was a culture shock for both myself and my son. On a scale of 1-10 as an effective communicator I would say that I am a seven,because although I teach I am don't like speaking to crowds.
Ways that I can improve on my area of weakness as a communicator are:
When speaking to a crowd, I can look slightly over their heads,so that I appear to be looking directly at them without looking at the crowd to make myself nervous.
 Another technique I can employ is to begin my topic with a joke that way I relax myself and the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment